July 17, 2012

Welcome

Welcome!

I've carried a notebook and pen with me everywhere for as long as I can remember. It's been great for me creatively and emotionally. In the last year, I have written a myriad of journal entries that were begging to be set free from the confines of my moleskine. Unfortunately, I don't have many friends who get giddy talking about heme vs. nonheme iron or longevity cultures. Since I spend a lot of time perusing blogs, I know it's a great way to reach people who would be interested in talking about those things. At the same time, this blog will be an enjoyable avenue through which I can express myself and be an advocate for the animals.

I had a slight hesitation about blogging because of my reserved nature. This hesitation lasted but a moment because I subsequently came across an article posted last month on the Our Hen House website. Angela G. Colantonio wrote a review of a book called “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking” as it pertains to animal activism. I had heard Jasmin and Mariann's review of the book on their podcast and was curious to read a review from the animal rights perspective. It is well worth your time to check out the review because Colantonio does a great job putting a vegan slant on Cain's observations. She also makes mention of author Susan Cain's statement on the introvert's communication style. She says, “...Cain points out, introverts express their opinions best through writing, which allows them to excel in new spheres of social media.” In other words, ditch the fear and get busy writing! After reading the review, my excitement for this blog grew. I did a little happy dance andpromptly got in queue for Cain's book at my local library.

I hope to use this blog to pose intriguing questions and inspire intelligent dialogue, be a voice for the animals, and proclaim the joys of a high-raw vegan diet. I anticipate the chance to grow with my readers through engaging discussion and debate. Most of all I look forward to being a part of a community of bloggers who feel just as strongly as I do about animals, health and nutrition. This will surely prove to be a fun endeavor for me and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment